Arenal has a tropical and subtropical climate. Dry season is from December to April and rainy season is from May to November. The average high temperature is 78°F, while the average low temperature is 61°F.
• Language: The main language spoken in Arenal is Spanish, but many in the tourism industry speak English.
• Currency: The official currency is the Costa Rican Colón, but USD and major credit cards are widely accepted.
• Electricity: The standard electricity supply in Arenal is the same as the US (110 volts) with two-prong outlets.
• Passport/ Immigration: All US citizens must have a valid passport with at least 6 months’ validity when traveling to and from Arenal.
• Drinking Water: The water is drinkable, however bottled water is recommended in areas surrounding the coast.
• Time Zone: Central Standard Time
• Peak Season: The peak travel season for San Arenal is during the Dry Season from December to May.
• Best Known for: Arenal is best known for the Arenal Volcano, one of the ten most active volcanos in the world.
Things to Do/ Attractions
Outdoor enthusiasts will love the Arenal Volcano area for their devotion to nature. There are plenty of nature sites, hiking trails, hanging bridges, and animal exhibits to see. The Arenal area is concentrated around the Arenal Volcano’s giant stature, which creates a picturesque backdrop and thermal springs for its nature-minded resort areas below. The unique landscape of the site combined with the rich amount of natural beauty makes this region an adventurer’s paradise. Go exploring through the area by bike, hiking or horseback. This destination has some great places for fishing and wind surfing.
Despite La Fortuna being the tourist hub of Arenal, there isn’t a whole lot happening in town after 9 p.m. The Lava Lounge tends to be the most popular bar in town, though you’ll find a few bars scattered around the central park. The Kazan bar (located beside the Cascada restaurant) has loud music, tie-dye and tiki huts.
All of our clients are met and greeted at the airport upon arrival by our local representatives. We offer expert guidance, personalized service and competitive pricing 24 hours a day. Our primary focus is to offer you support and assistance while traveling so your visit to Costa Rica is one of the most pleasant and unforgettable experiences of your life.