Guanacaste is the driest area of Costa Rica and experiences little rain and consistent heat from November to April. The wet season is from late May to November. The average high temperature is 80°F, while the average low temperature is 60°F.
- Language: The main language spoken in Guanacaste is Spanish, but many in the tourism industry speak English.
- Currency: The official currency is the Costa Rican Colón, but USD and major credit cards are widely accepted.
- Electricity: The standard electricity supply in Guanacaste is the same as the US (110 volts) with two-prong outlets.
- Passport/ Immigration: All US citizens must have a valid passport with at least 6 months’ validity when traveling to and from Guanacaste.
- Drinking Water: The water is drinkable, however bottled water is recommended in areas surrounding the coast.
- Time Zone: Central Standard Time
- Peak Season: The peak travel season for Guanacaste is during the Dry Season from December to May.
- Best Known for: Guanacaste is best-known for its natural wonders and tourist facilities.
Things to Do/ Attractions
Bird-watching, exhilarating zip-line canopy tours, excellent diving, watersports and exceptional hotels all combine to make Guanacaste a perfect vacation choice for all ages. From crushed pink shells to salt-and-pepper volcanic sand, the beaches are as diverse as the nearby eco-adventures. Visit the resort town of Tamarindo for the best surfing or souvenir shopping. The waterfalls, estuaries, mangroves and wildlife add to the natural oasis.
A great way to spend a night out in Guanacaste is to go out with friends for drinks. Many of the large hotels on the coast have excellent bars and restaurants, as well as clubs for those who like to dance the night away.
Liberia and Santa Cruz are the two cities where you can find the largest variety of evening entertainment.
The casinos in Guanacaste are another great option for a fun night out, the large majority of which are located in the hotels on the coast or in the province’s main cities. Most of the casinos have all table games, like blackjack, poker, and roulette, along with plenty of slot machines.
All of our clients are met and greeted at the airport upon arrival by our local representatives. We offer expert guidance, personalized service and competitive pricing 24 hours a day. Our primary focus is to offer you support and assistance while traveling so your visit to Costa Rica is one of the most pleasant and unforgettable experiences of your life.